Ninety years of academic research has continually indicated that giving people what they crave helps #scaleup a business, reduce labour turnover & absenteeism, and ultimately increase profitability. Why then do we find it so hard?
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Currently reading General Stanley McChrystal’s book ‘Team of Teams – New rules of engagement for a complex world’. A great read, not only in the learning to be had but, as business books go, a cracking and entertaining read.The training people are prepared to endure to make it into the elite forces is simply mind-boggling. Trust me you do not want to try BUD/S (curious? Now you are just going to have to read the book. Oh OK, or Google it)
Saturday, June 01, 2019
Have just got back from a fantastic trip to India working with an amazing group of women who work with my most recent Scaling Up client, KOCO are on a mission to change the world through the beautiful craft of high quality, hand-knitted garments.
Monday, February 25, 2019
I once sat in a strategy session with a CEO who asked endless questions of his team before cheerfully answering most of them himself. His executive team dubbed him the Boomerang Boss.
Monday, November 12, 2018
- Differentiation doesn’t have to be complicated and/or expensive …
- Studies since the 1930's and we still don't get it
- It's all about the rhythm
- Four Fundamentals to Scale Your Law Practice
- The Power of Everybody Knowing the Part they Play
- We have all the answers
- Are You Scaling or Just Growing?
- Leadership Lessons From India
- But What if it Breaks?
- Be Careful What You Call It ...