Ninety years of academic research has continually indicated that giving people what they crave helps #scaleup a business, reduce labour turnover & absenteeism, and ultimately increase profitability. Why then do we find it so hard?
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Reading this month’s Harvard Business Review I was struck by a small piece featured in their “IdeaWatch” section on page 22 – “Efficiencies of Scale May Be a Myth”
Monday, March 25, 2019
Have just got back from a fantastic trip to India working with an amazing group of women who work with my most recent Scaling Up client, KOCO are on a mission to change the world through the beautiful craft of high quality, hand-knitted garments.
Monday, February 25, 2019
"The best laid plans of mice and men". Despite our best efforts, sometimes things just don't go according to plan ...
Friday, February 01, 2019
I once sat in a strategy session with a CEO who asked endless questions of his team before cheerfully answering most of them himself. His executive team dubbed him the Boomerang Boss.
Monday, November 12, 2018
What are three practical approaches to making sure your planning day actually results in the company scaling up more efficiently and predictably.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
Recently I travelled to Poland to attend a wedding. I’ve done a lot of travel and I’ve had minimal problems with communications. The Polish language, however, is incredibly difficult and for the first time I struggled. It left me wondering how were we all going to survive the wedding?
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- More Leadership Lessons from a Jigsaw
- Leadership Lessons from a Jigsaw Puzzle
- Leadership Lessons from Pitti Filati in Florence
- Differentiation doesn’t have to be complicated and/or expensive …
- Studies since the 1930's and we still don't get it
- It's all about the rhythm
- Four Fundamentals to Scale Your Law Practice
- The Power of Everybody Knowing the Part they Play
- We have all the answers
- Are You Scaling or Just Growing?